Saturday, June 4, 2011

Humility

Fact: We as humans are asleep for a third of our lives.
Meaning: God doesn't depend on us.

I've had a couple days here where I was completely humbled. I felt unimportant and useless...probably because in reality, without God I am. God has given me all my skills...is God getting the glory for them? God has also given me all my disabilities...am I using them as an excuse to try and stop what God might be wanting to do through me? Both are an issue of pride. Anything that I do that is good is done because of what Christ has done in me. In fact, I use to believe that hell was unfair until I truly became saved...now heaven is what is unfair. We don't deserve anything and I am truly thankful for the grace of God. There are some scary passages in the Bible...James 4:6 says, "God opposes the proud, but gives grace (favor) to the humble." In 2 Chronicles 26:15-16 we see a king named Uzziah who became very powerful and strong but his pride led to his destruction because he was unfaithful to God. We have nothing to offer God, He does not need us, but still He chooses to use us and lift us up. God wants to use the willing. I must trust in Him and be the person He wants me to be, do the things He wants me to do, and go where He wants me to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment