Monday, June 27, 2011

Blur

The past couple weeks have gone by too fast...everything has been a blur. We have been doing a ton of work to get ready for our biggest student event...the student summer trip with Clayton King at Crossroads. We are taking 600 Elevation students down for the week. I love what I am learning here. I look at my notebook, full of notes from teachings from different leaders in this church. I am learning so much and am so grateful for this season in my life. Last Thursday, I got to take 18 students down for an inner city service project. These were some pretty sweet teenagers. We first got to eat lunch with A Child's Place with a bunch of underprivileged children. From there we worked at Jackson's Park totally cleaning out 3 apartments for them. They were extremely grateful as they only expected us to do 1. These kids worked very hard and it was awesome to interact with some of the people in need. We then concluded the night with working with one7 which is always a highlight. Over 150 kids from 18 different countries all worshipping God. It's a sight that brings goosebumps every time I witness it. I am very fortunate to be able to do the things I do.

My parents and lil bro also came in for the weekend. They got to experience Elevation for the first time and it was fun to get to introduce them to some of the people that have already made a huge impact on my life. I miss them every day and I miss being with all my brothers. God has truly blessed me with an amazing, encouraging, and loving family.

No comments:

Post a Comment