Friday, January 20, 2012

24/40 Principle

Those just graduating college or changing seasons sometimes struggle with the meantime. Judah Smith puts it this way, "You're not where you used to be but you're not yet where you're supposed to be." That time in between can be full of anxiety. God wants you to trust Him. He knows what He is doing. He has already figured everything out for you. You were God's plan way before you were your parents plan. The only thing you are to do is marinate in His love. He never forsakes those who trust in Him and seek Him daily (Psalm 9:10).

Here's the tricky thing and I hope this encourages you. I was talking with my friend Reggi and he said, "The lie that the devil will want you to accept is that you need to be doing at age 24 what you will be doing when you're 40." Specifically for me, I know what God has promised me but I know it will take some time before I am there. I can often times get distracted and discouraged because I'm not doing yet what I believe God has called me to do. He keeps telling me that He just wants me to trust Him! Rest in Him and be still (Psalm 46:10). He must take you through a journey of pruning first with many trials. You will experience many ups and downs but God is with you always. Do what God has called you to do now and let Him open the doors in His timing. Be encouraged, you're doing a lot better than you think you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment