Friday, December 2, 2011

Who Cares...

I just had an extremely frustrating day. It is very easy to get discouraged, upset, and off track when life happens. It's also funny how God works. Yesterday, Marc's mom backed into his car. He was rattled and it affected his mood for the night. I gave the typical 'it could have been worse' and the whole how can God be glorified through this talk. Fast-forward 24 hours, I take my car in for an oil change. As they are pulling in the car, the brake hose ruptured. I'm ticked, going to have to spend way more money, and have the inconvenience of spending most the day there. I get dropped off at home by AAA and explain to Marc my crap filled day. His eyes widen as he spits back the "talk" I gave him the night before with a grin on his face (That's just funny). Fact is, no one wants to hear it in the moment but here is a great perspective on God...

It is wrong and arrogant for me to praise God yesterday when life was good with no conflicts and no worries and to not praise Him today when life is frustrating and filled with chaos and inconvenience. Pastor Steven just finished a series on Favor. Just because God's favor is on our lives does not mean we will go without unfortunate events. It does not mean God will give us 'favors'. God's favor is not for convenience but it's for His purpose, it still comes with trials and difficulties. The issue is we are distracted by things that don't really matter.

That is why God is good. That is why God will still get my praise. That is why I can say who cares, it's just a car. It's just money. It's easy to get in the dumps when you don't have much. It's easy to get frustrated when cars break down and you have to pour money into them. It's easy to question God for the 'bad' things that happen in life. However, Philippians 4:19 is a promise that God will supply all your needs according to His riches. So, I can say it's just a car...I can say it's just money because the car and the money that I do have is not mine anyways. Everything I own belongs to God and until you start to look at your 'possessions' in that way, you will always have a feeling of entitlement and you will never be grateful for the things that God provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment